Baiterek Holding announces a vacancy for Independent Director of Damu Entrepreneurship Development Fund JSC.
Position: Independent Director
Structural unit: Board of Directors of Damu Entrepreneurship Development Fund JSC (hereinafter – the Company)
1. General requirements
1. A candidate must:
1.1. Meet the requirements for an independent director under the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Joint Stock Companies.”
1.2. Know about key issues specific to organizations similar to the Company; have international experience in a similar industry and professional experience of at least 2 years; demonstrate understanding of:
1) legal requirements to the Company;
2) competitive environment in the national and international markets.
1.3. Be able to analyze and evaluate the information provided. Be able to form an opinion on an issue based on the principles of legality, fairness, and equal treatment of all shareholders. Have the ability to express his/her own opinion and reasonably defend his/her point of view.
1.4. Know the principles of corporate governance and sustainable development.
1.5. Have an impeccable reputation/positive track record in the business and/or industry. There must be no facts of committing an economic crime or administrative offenses in business.
1.6. Have enough time to attend meetings of the Board of Directors; thoroughly study the information needed to participate in the Board of Directors’ meetings.
1.7. Not be a member of more than 3 (three) boards of directors of other companies.
1.8. Confirm his/her independence annually and inform the Company in case of losing the status of an independent director.
2. Special requirements:
2.1. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – specialist in entrepreneurship development:
2.1.1. Bachelor’s degree and additional education in Management, Finance, or Law.
2.1.2. Knowledge of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on entrepreneurship.
2.1.3. Minimum 7 years of work experience. Work experience in managerial positions or medium-sized businesses for at least 3 years.
2.1.4. Experience in creating/maintaining (as an owner/partner/member of the managing body or executive body/chief executive officer) a successful company (medium-sized business) that has existed on the market for at least 5 years and produces competitive products and (or) provides high-quality services.
3. Required personal and business competencies:
3.1. Work motivation (willingness to contribute and volunteer)
3.2. Professional competence in the field of the Company's activities
3.3. Key competencies: ethicality, teamwork skills, responsibility, strategic vision, active participation
Form of employment: contract
Documents are accepted via email email@example.com. A candidate must provide the following documents:
1) application according to the attached form
2) a copy of ID;
3) personal information according to the attached form.
When selecting candidates, the following are taken into account:
1) experience in leadership positions;
2) work experience as a member of a Board of Directors;
3) work experience;
4) education, specialty, international certificates;
5) competencies/management experience of at least 2 years (industries may vary depending on the portfolio of assets);
6) business reputation;
7) the presence of a direct or potential conflict of interest;
8) “Certified Director” professional certification (for independent directors).
People who will not be considered:
1) employees or heads of executive bodies, members of management bodies, or employees of legal entities competing with the Company;
2) those who have previously committed a corruption crime;
3) offenders with pending or unserved sentences;
4) ex-chairmen of boards of directors, ex-directors of executive bodies, ex-deputy first heads, ex-chief accountants of legal entities, who have held the position not more than one year before the compulsory liquidation, compulsory redemption of shares, or bankruptcy under the established procedure. This requirement applies for five years after the date of the compulsory liquidation, compulsory redemption of shares, or bankruptcy under the established procedure. This requirement applies for five years after the date of the decision on the compulsory liquidation or compulsory redemption of shares or conservation of another legal entity declared bankrupt in accordance with the established procedure.
Documents must be submitted within 15 calendar days from the date of this announcement.
Attachments to the ad