The corporate secretary is an employee of Baiterek NMH JSC, who is not a member of the Board of Directors or the Management Board of the Holding, who is appointed by the Board of Directors of Baiterek NMH JSC and reports to the Holding's Board of Directors.
The legal status of the Corporate Secretary is determined by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Charter of the Holding, the Regulations on the Corporate Secretary of the Holding and other internal documents of the Holding.
In accordance with the Regulations on the Corporate Secretary of Baiterek NMH JSC, by decision of the Board of Directors of the Holding, the duties of the Corporate Secretary of Baiterek NMH JSC can be assigned to the Head of the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, who is not an employee of the Holding and who is not subject to labor relationship and no remuneration is paid. At the same time, the Head of the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan does not participate in the management of the Holding.
Ensuring the effective implementation of the functions assigned to the Corporate Secretary is the main task of the Corporate Secretary Service of the Holding. The Corporate Secretary Service is a structural subdivision of the Holding and reports directly to the Corporate Secretary.
The main tasks of the Corporate Secretary include:
- ensuring compliance by the bodies and officials of the Holding with the rules and procedures of corporate governance that guarantee the implementation and protection of the rights and interests of the Sole Shareholder;
- ensuring the implementation of measures to prepare decisions of the Board of Directors in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and internal documents of the Holding;
- ensuring the efficient operation of the Board of Directors of the Holding and its committees;
- ensuring the storage, disclosure and provision of the necessary information about the Holding;
- ensuring clear and effective interaction between the bodies of the Holding.
By the decision of the Board of Directors of the holding from April 16, 2019 No. 03/19, the Executive Secretary of Baiterek NMH JSC has been appointed Deputy Prime Minister – Head of Apparatus of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan Koishybayev Galymzhan Telmanovich.