Employees holding "Baiterek", included in the Presidential Youth personnel reserve, appointed to senior positions.
For example, the project manager of the project finance department and PPP of the Holding, Yernar Mynzhanov, has been appointed director of the investment department of Baiterek Venture Fund JSC, which is a subsidiary of Kazyna Capital Management JSC. Yernar graduated from the Kazakh-British Technical University and the University of Manchester with the Bolashak International Scholarship. Since 2018, he has been working in the Baiterek holding and is engaged in issues of providing financial instruments to investment projects. His main project was the construction of the Saryarka gas pipeline, where he was involved in structuring the financing scheme.
- The initiative of the Head of State Kassym-Zhomart Tokaev “Presidential personnel reserve” was aimed at talented young people. And I wanted to enter this cohort of young managers who will take part in solving important problems of society in different spheres of life. The President noted that the state is aimed at updating the managerial staff with leaders who effectively use the opportunities and technologies for accelerated development, are able to work with big data, think outside the box and predict. Therefore, I took this competition as a new challenge. I believe that this is a unique project for our country, and it was important for me to become part of these changes, ”Yernar Mynzhanov noted.
According to him, working in a new position will help first-hand to find out what problems businessmen face in obtaining financial assistance for the implementation of their investment projects.
- In addition to loans, Baiterek holding structures have a wide range of other financial instruments, one of which is “equity financing”. However, at present, the instrument of direct financing in capital is not very popular among entrepreneurs. There are many reasons for this. One of the main ones is the low level of confidence in this tool on the part of business representatives. Therefore, in this area of support for entrepreneurs, there are many problematic issues that need to and are interesting to deal with. In the coming years I want to devote myself to the development of this sector, ”he stressed.
Another representative of the Presidential personnel reserve, head of the operational risk department of the Development Bank of Kazakhstan JSC Yerbolat Dadanbaev was appointed director of the risk management department of QazTech Ventures JSC. These two companies are subsidiaries of Baiterek Holding and support the business. Yerbolat graduated from Al-Farabi Kazakh National University with a degree in Finance. He worked for more than ten years in major financial organizations of the country, including three years as head of the operational risk department of DBK.
- I always strive for new knowledge and opportunities for professional growth. In 2018, I joined the personnel reserve of the Baiterek holding, which provided us with additional opportunities for professional and career growth. Last year, I learned about the initiative of Kassym-Zhomart Kemelevich to form a youth talent pool. Of course, I gladly accepted this challenge and applied for participation in the selection, because for me it was an opportunity to test myself, to determine my strengths and weaknesses, ”he said.
E. Dadanbaev shared his impressions of participating in the Presidential project for youth.
- The initial stages were held online and were aimed at assessing the overall level of training of candidates. The subsequent stages of selection have already passed with the direct participation of the candidates themselves. At these stages of the selection, a deep analysis of the candidates was carried out, the ability to work in a team, and effectively solve various cases was assessed. “I would like to note a very strong composition of participants, each of whom is a professional in his field,” he said.
He said that in the new position he will be responsible for the work of risk management throughout the company.
- In general, the risk management system both within the Holding and in individual subsidiaries is built correctly and efficiently. Now we need to pay a lot of attention to automation, because in our work it is important to identify potential risks for the company in a timely manner in order to make the right and operational decisions, ”says E. Dadanbaev.
Recall that last year 13 employees of the Holding and its subsidiaries included the Presidential Youth Personnel Reserve, created on the initiative of the Head of State Kassym-Zhomart Tokaev. It was formed at the end of last year following the results of multi-stage selection. It included 300 young Kazakhstanis - 106 representatives of the private sector, 98 employees of the quasi-public sector and 96 - civil servants. The average age of the selection winners was 31 years. At the same time, reservists have significant experience in various sectors of the economy.
Baiterek National Management Holding JSC was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 22, 2013. A key institute of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which meets the advanced standards of corporate governance and ensures the implementation of the tasks for the sustainable development of the economy of Kazakhstan by diversifying it, supporting innovation, developing exports, and increasing labor productivity. The Holding includes: Development Bank of Kazakhstan JSC, Kazakhstan Investment Fund JSC, Housing Construction Savings Bank of Kazakhstan JSC, Kazakhstan Mortgage Company IO JSC, KazakhExport ESK JSC, Damu FRP JSC, QazTech JSC Ventures ”, JSC“ Housing Construction Guarantee Fund ”, JSC“ Kazyna Capital Management ”, JSC“ Baiterek Development ”, LLP“ Kazakhstan Project Preparation Fund ”.