Baiterek Holding announces a vacancy for Independent Director of Agrarian Credit Corporation JSC (hereinafter – the Company).
Position: Independent Director
Structural unit: Board of Directors of Agrarian Credit Corporation JSC
1. A candidate must:
1.1. Meet the requirements for an independent director under the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Joint Stock Companies.”
1.2. Know about key issues specific to organizations similar to the Company; have international experience in a similar industry and professional experience of at least 2 years; demonstrate understanding of:
1) legal requirements to the Company;
2) competitive environment in the national and international markets.
1.3. Be able to analyze and evaluate the information provided. Be able to form an opinion on an issue based on the principles of legality, fairness, and equal treatment of all shareholders. Have the ability to express his/her own opinion and reasonably defend his/her point of view.
1.4. Know the principles of corporate governance and sustainable development.
1.5. Have an impeccable reputation/positive track record in the business and/or industry. There must be no facts of committing an economic crime or administrative offenses in business.
1.6. Have enough time to attend meetings of the Board of Directors; thoroughly study the information needed to participate in the Board of Directors’ meetings.
1.7. Not be a member of more than 3 (three) boards of directors of other companies.
1.8. Confirm his/her independence annually and inform the Company in case of losing the status of an independent director.
People who will not be considered:
1) employees or heads of executive bodies, members of management bodies, or employees of legal entities competing with the Company;
2) those who have previously committed a corruption crime;
3) offenders with pending or unserved sentences;
4) ex-chairmen of boards of directors, ex-directors of executive bodies, ex-deputy first heads, ex-chief accountants of legal entities, who have held the position not more than one year before the compulsory liquidation, compulsory redemption of shares, or bankruptcy under the established procedure. This requirement applies for five years after the date of the compulsory liquidation, compulsory redemption of shares, or bankruptcy under the established procedure.
5) members of boards of directors of four or more other companies.
1. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director of subsidiaries-financial institutions.
Candidates for the position of Independent Director of the Company (financial institution) must comply with the resolution of the Board of the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the Regulation and Development of the Financial Market #43 dated March 30, 2020.
2. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – a specialist in finance, audit, and control.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics and (or) Finance, additional education/professional certification in Financial Management/Financial Analysis/Accounting/Taxation/Audit/Risk Management.
Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience.
Minimum 3 years of work experience in governing bodies or executive bodies of financial organizations/holdings/government bodies/international financial organizations. Work experience in the regulation of financial services.
Work experience in governing bodies/executive bodies/as a head or a partner in financial audit organizations/compliance management services.
3. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – a specialist in remuneration/social affairs/corporate culture.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, PhD in Philosophy and (or) additional education in Management. A candidate must know about HR Management or Social Development Theory.
Minimum 3 years of work experience in management bodies or executive bodies in holdings/national companies and (or) experience in management bodies/executive bodies and (or) as a head/partner in companies specializing in business or HR consulting. Experience as an HR director. Experience in legal expertise/settlement of corporate conflicts in Kazakhstan and international companies with an annual turnover of at least USD 20 million.
Minimum 5 years of work experience in management positions/working with senior and middle management personnel.
4. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – an investment management specialist.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment, Investment Management, or Investment Analysis. Additional education/professional certification in Accounting/Risk management/Finance.
A candidate must know about evaluating the effectiveness of investment projects, principles of securities portfolio management, methods of evaluating investments, financial accounting, and reporting standards.
Minimum 7 years of work experience in investment activity.
Minimum 3 years of work experience in management bodies/executive bodies/in managerial positions (positions that coordinate structural units and give the right to sign financial documents) in financial organizations/holdings/government bodies/international development banks/international financial or insurance companies/international or Kazakhstani investment companies. Experience in bringing companies with an annual turnover of at least 20 million US dollars to the stock market.
5. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – a specialist of innovation development.
Higher technical, economic, or financial education. Bachelor’s degree in Management, and additional training in Innovation Management.
Minimum 7 years of work experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in managerial positions/innovation management.
Knowledge and practical experience in assessing the effectiveness of development and implementation of innovations, knowledge of organizing and financing research activities.
Experience in managing innovative projects, implementing new ideas, initiating practical implementation and turning it into a viable profitable product. Experience in developing new high-tech products to create unique consumer goods.
Knowledge of the current situation in the market of priority/in basic industries of Kazakhstan/in the market of innovative products to determine and assess market needs.
6. Special requirements for candidates for the position of Independent Director – specialist in entrepreneurship development:
Bachelor’s degree and additional education in Management, Finance, or Law.
Knowledge of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on entrepreneurship.
Minimum 7 years of work experience. Work experience in managerial positions or medium-sized businesses for at least 3 years.
Experience in creating/maintaining (as an owner/partner/member of the managing body or executive body/chief executive officer) a successful company (medium-sized business) that has existed on the market for at least 5 years and produces competitive products and (or) provides high-quality services.
“Certified Director” professional certification
Personal and business competencies required to perform duties:
1. Work motivation (willingness to contribute and volunteer)
2. Professional competence in the field of the Company's activities
3. Key competencies: ethicality, teamwork skills, responsibility, strategic vision, active participation
Form of employment: contract
Documents are accepted via email email@example.com until June 3, 2021. A candidate must provide the following documents:
1) application according to the attached form
2) a copy of ID;
3) personal information according to the attached form.
Download >> Application 1
Download >> Application 2
Download >> Application 3